christmas crack but add coffee and vanilla salted caramel! happy social distancing!
1.5 sleeves saltines
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 c white sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1 c unsalted butter (2 sticks)
2 1/2 c semisweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon instant coffee
flaky salt (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350.
2. Line a sheet tray with parchment or a Silpat and spray it with a neutral cooking oil (canola, vegetable, avocado). Lay out the saltines in a single layer, leaving little to no gaps in between.
3. Place your salt, vanilla, butter, and sugars in a pot over low heat and stir constantly until the butter's melted. Turn the heat up to medium-high and cook, stirring constantly, until the sugar granules are dissolved.
4. Pour the mixture over the saltines, and smooth it out to the edges.
5. Bake the crackers and caramel in the oven for 3 minutes.
6. While that's baking, melt the chocolate and coffee in a microwave-safe container. Microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring in between each interval.
7. Once the crackers are out of the oven and the chocolate is melted, spread the chocolate mixture over the caramel. Try to get it to the very edge of the cracker.
8. Place the sheet tray back in the oven for 3 more minutes.
9. Spread the chocolate more if needed (it will be easier to spread now). Lightly sprinkle with flaky salt (optional).
10. Allow it to cool at room temp then pop it in the fridge for 15-30 minutes, or until the chocolate has hardened.
11. Remove it from the fridge and use a knife or metal spatula to break the bark up into pieces. Store in the fridge.